Saturday, August 20, 2011

There is nothing capricious Weather in Chicago

There is nothing capricious Weather in Chicago: You know, there is nothing capricious weather in Chicago. Boom Boom Pow threat exploded on Friday afternoon was everything it promised powerful, unpredictable and downright scary. The wind blew, the sky darkened and rain tarnished. At least in my necks of the woods expected the rain two days before, but the fall was minimal. However, the effects on other parts of the city, not very good more than 100,000 people are without electricity. And I know weather is a trite subject to blog about, but golly, the magnificence of this storm front it was the first real one I've experienced in years!  In Los Angeles, flash flood warnings are hatched for two to three inches of tepid drizzling.  Shocking, I know.  But the land here, the ability for the soil to absorb as much as possible and I'm flashing back to Wednesday when it looked as if the heavens opened and all the angels were crying, is amazing.  Yes, there were flash floods.  I was even concerned I may not make it home safely after being out and about that afternoon, so I pulled over.  And he had a front row seat for the holidays in my car. I sat there for fifteen minutes, without any deduction. It is this intense. And now, after the storm in two days, in fact, is dry and quiet. Dawn this silence is as beautiful; I love you so early in the day. The sun is beginning to break in sight. One thing is certain, though it may have been the first major storm of the season, but it will not last. And certainly not the last of these wonderful meeting I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment