Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kukunoor falls in love

Nagesh Kukunoor,Ayesha Takia,Rannvijay Singh
Few would imagine the director of films like ‘Dor’, ‘Rockford’ and ‘Iqbal’, Nagesh Kukunoor, to be interested in romance as a genre. Not even Nagesh himself. Yet his next film, called 'Mod' and starring Ayesha Takia and Rannvijay Singh happens to be a romantic comedy.

Talking about the film Nagesh, candidly says, “I never wanted to do love stories as I always believed there was nothing really new to say in the space considering we see so many love stories being made every year. But when I saw a Taiwanese film ‘Keeping Watch’ at AFFF (Asian Festival of First Films),   where I was a jury, I was amazed. I wanted to take the same premise and set it in India. So I went ahead and bought the rights. I still maintain that every story has been told but it is the way a story is told that matters.”

Interestingly the director decided to go ahead and shoot this film completely before anyone could find out what he was working on. Once he had a working draft of the script, the director says he decided to shoot the film in Ooty. The director also claims that the audience will get to see the real beauty of Ooty like they have never seen before. “I have always stayed away from attention while making a film. But that had got disrupted during my last few films as I was working with big stars like Akshay Kumar and John Abraham, who created media attention. So I decided to go back to my roots and do this film the way I used to. Now I hope people like this one,” concludes the director. The film has been produced by Shreya Entertainment and is slated to release in September, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment