Friday, June 24, 2011

Tom Hanks to vote for Barack Obama again

Washington, June 24 : Actor Tom Hanks has revealed that he would vote for US President Barack Obama again in the next 2012 presidential election.


Tom Hanks, Hollyood Gossips, Barack Obama, usa elections

Hanks who is an ardent supporter of Obama had admitted it during an interview with CNN while promoting his new movie.

When host Kyra Phillips introduced the subject to him, saying: "All right. President Obama, you've been a big supporter…"

The actor interrupted the host and said that he would vote for the President again.

"And I will be again! Let me take it right now. I'm going to vote for him for his re-election in 2012. I beat to you the punch," the Politico quoted Hanks as saying.

The star who is a longtime Democrat, went on to say that the President has not only lived up to his expectations but also has 'expanded' them.

"If you would have told me a few years ago that 'don't ask, don't tell' would be repealed and about a billion jobs at General Motors and Chrysler would have been saved because the president was smart enough and strong enough and bold enough to do so, I would have said, 'Wow. That's a good president, I think I'll vote for him again," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment