Friday, January 7, 2011

Invictus Poem

Invictus (which is Latin, meaning ‘unconquered’)
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.


It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Arti dalam bahasa Indonesia:
Dari malam yang menyelimutiku
Sehitam lubang yang dalam
Aku berterima kasih kepada Tuhan dimanapun Ia berada
Atas jiwaku yang tak terkalahkan

Di dalam keadaan yang menimpaku
Aku tak mengeluh ataupun menangis
Dibawah tempaan takdir
Jiwaku berdarah namun tak terpatahkan

Dibalik tempat amarah dan air mata ini
Hanya mengintip horror kematian
Namun ancaman bertahun-tahun
akan menemukanku tanpa rasa takut

Seberapapun kuatnya gerbang
Seberapapun beratnya hukuman
Aku adalah penguasa takdirku
Aku adalah kapten jiwaku

No comments:

Post a Comment