Friday, February 18, 2011

levar burton


Levar burton: Kunta Kinte, The talented artist, manufacturer, director and writer, celebrates 54 years on Wednesday, then sat down with several RadarOnline.com Emmy, Grammy and Peabody Award-winning star talk about his legendary career that spans more than 30 per year. At age 20, Burton, then a student and aspiring actress known, became a star overnight, his performances of municipal Kinte in 1977, the miniseries Roots innovative ABC, which drew a family history of author Alex Haley, and then gave a face to the shame of slavery in the United States. Levar burton performance earned his an Emmy nomination and began a career landmark that continues to thrive to this day. Indeed, in February, the guest star in two popular television comedies Burton. Radar: happy 1st birthday! How will you celebrate? Mr. Burton: I'll be heading. I have some private appearances on Thursday and Friday in Kansas City, Missouri, Wednesday is a day for me. In fact, I want to work for my birthday. Radar: I thought we would start by taking a look at the beginning of your career. When you acted as a leader in the roots, you were a young aspiring actress. How is it? levar burton: Mine is really one of those incredible stories Hollywood. Roots were my first professional audition. I was a sophomore at USC, working on my bachelor's degree in theater. My goal at that time was Broadway, not Hollywood. Producers have been thoroughly researched across the country, and did not find what they wanted, so they came back to LA and extended hawk. They contacted schools in the area of Drama. I was in the right place at the right time. Radar: Roots were made in 1977. This could be a mini-novel series has been ten years ago or even ten years later? What, in 1977, which was the right time?Levar burton: I do not think that Roots could have done ten years ago in America, and ten years later, though. Socially, the timing was perfect in every way. The civil rights movement had succeeded to a point where America is used against blacks as equal citizens in this society. After that the Vietnam War, this forced us to be painted to look to ourselves and our politics. In the late sixties rolled around, finally ready to examine the issue of slavery and how his legacy has an impact today. Levar burton

No comments:

Post a Comment